Yahoo Mail Login
As one of the largest email service providers in the world, it’s not a surprise that you have a Yahoo account or want to open your own and use it to pass or receive important information. The company is the main competitor of Gmail and contrary to what you may think, logging into Yahoo mail isn’t that hard.
› Before getting started, you will need to have access to a working internet connection. Furthermore, you will need to have an existing Yahoo Mail account. In case you don’t have one, here is how you can go about creating one:
- Open your browser and go to the main page of Yahoo Mail i.e. mail.yahoo.com. It’s important to note that the extension .com may vary depending on your current location e.g. .co.uk etc. But despite this slight change, your registration will not be affected.
- Considering you don’t have a Yahoo Mail account, click on Sign Up. This link can be found below the Sign In link.
- Go down a bit and hit the registration button. Like most email service providers, Yahoo will need you to submit some of your personal information when setting up your account. Such information includes your first and last name, date of birth, country, sex, relationship status and optional phone number for recovery. You will also need to submit a unique username and password.
- Like Gmail, Yahoo will let you know if your preferred username is available for use and if not, it will give you a few suggestions. You can choose one of the suggested usernames or keep trying until you get a username that’s unique.
- Once you have created your email account successfully, you will be led to a page notifying of that.
In addition to creating a new Yahoo Mail account, you can also opt to link your Gmail account to Yahoo and in this case, your username for Gmail will be the one you use for Yahoo.
› If you already have created a Yahoo Mail account, we can look at how you can go about logging into it.
- Go to mail.yahoo.com.
- Enter your username e.g. email@example.com as well as your password.
- Click on the Sign In link.
- Alternatively, you can choose to log in via your Gmail account. If so, click on the option on the sign in page and on the dialog box that appears, click on Allow then proceed. This will take you to your Yahoo Mail account.
Learn more about your free Yahoo Mail account here: Yahoo! Mail tutorials.